A boardroom briefing and networking event for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) leaders with the ability and ambition to be considered for executive and non-executive positions across UK PLC.
The event is hosted by accomplished senior non-executive directors and corporate governance and investor relations experts.
The ‘BAME in the Boardroom’ programme aims to:
- Support FTSE 350 companies in developing culturally diverse leaders who are currently underrepresented in the boardroom.
- Provide a unique and mutually beneficial relationship building opportunity for BAME leaders and influential FTSE 350 Chairs and other non-executive directors.
- Provide the “know how” to successfully navigate the boardroom through storytelling, discussions and Q&A with FTSE 350 Chairs and other non-executive directors.
Participants gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Boardroom dynamics.
- The composition of boards and committee structures.
- The path to executive and non-executive positions and some of the obstacles facing BAME leaders.
- The UK Corporate Governance Code including regulatory updates and insights.
- Working with key external stakeholders such as members of the investment community. In addition all participants will be offered:
- Networking and informal mentoring opportunities with FTSE 350 Chairs and board directors.
Who is the afternoon session for?
BAME business leaders and role models with the ambition and ability to be considered for executive and non-executive director positions at UK listed companies within the next two to three years.